Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

Haircare Favourites

Alongside being more ambitious, one of my New Years Resolutions was to look after my hair more. Last month was the first time I had my hair cut in 6 months (don't look at me that way) and in 2012 my hair took quite a battering going from brown to orange, to red, to pink back to dark brown. Therefore I set myself a more generous budget for hair care products.


So, here are a few of my favourite things!
(not involving warm woollen mittens)


SHAMPOOS & CONDITIONERS


This past month, I've been LOVING the Toni & Guy Cleanse and Nourish Shampoo's and Conditioners (mine are for brunette hair)! I bought them on the 3 for 2 offer at boots which is still currently running so you can snap them up, along with all Toni & Guy products, here.
They leave my hair incredibly soft but still light! Some products that add high shine I feel weigh my hair down and can sometimes still feel like I have product in. I was so glad that these don't. They do exactly what the name suggests, cleanse and nourish.
I think the bottles will last me a long time too as you need a small amount and it will lather. They are without a doubt worth the price and I will be repurchasing.
After using these once I fell in love with my hair again. 


On the 3 for 2 offer I also purchased the Cleanse Shampoo for Fine Hair promising volume.
I do not in anyway have fine hair. However recently my hair has started to get greasy in-between washes, which has never been a problem for me. As I don't like washing my hair daily, I sometimes use shampoos designed for fine hair as they are very light weight and find them to really help.
This just simply does the trick, it leaves me with light fluffy hair that lasts.
The added volume is a cheeky bonus.

STYLING

It would seem in an attempt to destroy my hair, the majority of last year I don't think I used a heat protector. I know I should, in fact I should know better than most as I have a 2 hour hair styling lesson each week.
But because I stopped straightening my hair, I stopped caring.
Over Christmas I gained myself two heat protectors that I now use all the time!

Phil Smith SOS Rescue Heat Protection Cream.

I got this in a gift set for Christmas and although I'm used to using Heat Protection Sprays, I've really liked using this. I use a small amount on my hair when damp before blow drying. My hair still feels great afterwards and also I can't feel any trace of product in it.
I'm definitely going to buy this in a bigger size when it runs out!

Aussie Take The Heat Leave-in Spray, get it here.
I also this as an alternative to my cream as a spray can just be quicker! Slightly don't like that it's more of a direct spray than a mist so that I come it through afterwards so that all my hair is covered. It's very different to the cream and I can feel the finish it leaves in my hair. But it's really great to use when I want a smooth straight blow dry. Leaves my air smooth and soft.
I also love the smell of Aussie products, mmmm!

Treatments

Superdrug coconut oil, get it here.

As I mentioned in my Sister Suggestions post, I really love using Coconut oil as a conditioning mask! 
I take a small amount in the palms of my hands, run it through my hair (mostly the ends) and leave for 5 to 10 minutes then rinse off.
It works incredibly well at treating my damaged hair and it's just a miracle! I haven't yet found a reason to look for another product and for the price this is I highly recommend it.
What I didn't mention in my last post is that for £2.99 this will last you forever. It's 125ml tub and you need the smallest amount!


What are your favourite haircare products? Any recommendations for a recovering hair dye addict?
Let me know!





5 comments:

  1. Ooo the coconut oil looks like a really good investment! I love the Aussie stuff too, the smell is so yummy!

    Aimee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try out some coconut oil now, thanks for sharing this! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love it just as much as I do, thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I've basically heard only amazing things about the wonders of coconut oil and even though I'm a die hard jojoba oil fan, I'm definitely willing to give this a try, great post!

    -Ezi

    ikintoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried jojoba oil, I'll keep an eye out! Thank you for reading, I will check out your blog now :D
      x

      Delete