Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

Winter Rescues

Just like to say, sorry for the stock images, my camera has gone walkabouts.

The weather in England has been bitter this winter.
I don't know about you guys, but my skin, hands and lips have become ridiculously dry - fantastic!
Here's what I've been using to rescue it!

Lips


Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub,£5.25. Get it here.
This is something I've been using for years and over time I must have bought 5 or 6 of these.
They're sugar scrubs for your lips to exfoliate any dry skin. However your lips are sensitive so you need a very small amount. All you do is pop a little on your finger, rub over lips and lick off (it's mostly sugar based and completely vegan)!
Mines in Bubblegum and they honestly taste delicious.
(I quite often catch my boyfriend tasting mine, then denying it!)


Skincare

No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Dry/Very Dry Skin, £12.50. Buy it here.
I use this as a daily moisturiser and have done for probably 5 months. It's a thick consistency so takes a while to sink in but is great for my dry skin. However I still have small dry patches that show when I wear make-up and causes it to flake. 

No7 Beautiful Skin Dry Skin Rescue, £12. Buy it here.
I bought this and so far so good.
You need the smallest amount and I apply it after my moisturiser to areas that need extra attention. I'd say it's similar to a balm and it's made using shea and cocoa butters. It smoothes my skin and creates a great base for my make-up. Where the weather has dried out my hands too I sometimes pop this over my knuckles and it works wonders.

Hands

So I have two hand creams that I think have been fantastic saviours in this weather!

Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector from £5, buy it here.
Nothing about this smells good but your hands feel instantly better after using it! I really do love it and will be buying another one despite what I find to be a high price. It takes quite a while to sink in after use and feels slightly oily on your hands so I tend to use it before bed. It's made with Community Trade Hemp Seed Oil and it leaves my hands beautifully soft. 

For use on the go I've been using:
Garnier 7 Days Hand Cream, £2.99
You can currently buy it for £1.99 here.
It does as it says and sinks in (almost) instantly so is fantastic to use on the go! It's completely different to the Hemp Hand Protector but I think it's just as good (although I still need both in my life). I think they have a few different ones in the range as this one says "soothing" but personally I choose purely on the smell. 
I've also been loving the Garnier 7 Days Gel Cream which is a body lotion that's also designed to absorb instantly. Both products have been fantastic in this weather.

As an extra treat for my hands I've also been sleeping in cotton gloves after generously applying a hand cream. Personally I've been using the Botanics Bamboo Spa Gloves, sold here but as long as they're pure cotton it really doesn't matter!


Hope this was helpful and everyone cross your fingers that the temperature will start to rise now!
I realise that to those fortunate to live in sunny areas this might have been a bit pants.. 
but it's still important to give your skin a drink!
What are your winter favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment