Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Basic Skincare Routine

For the past 6 months I've been investing more money into my skincare and finding a good routine (which used to be a make-up wipe and slapping on nivea). Without a doubt it's worth the time and money because looking after your skin in the long run, will pay off big time. There's only so much make-up can do, a good base is so important.

Here's my basic routine at the moment and the products I'm currently in love with:
For £21 it's not cheap but it's certainly not as expensive as other cleansing balms that do the same thing. Also because it's a balm a little goes a long way, personally I think this is a very good price for what you get.
 This will take ALL your make-up off and it will do it effortlessly. It's for all skin types and even works for those with sensitive skin as it's not fragranced. I literally rub it into my eyelashes and it does not irritate even slightly. 
To use: Take a small amount, and massage into face (dry) over all make-up. Use a flannel or muslin cloth to wash away. I keep mine with a stack of cloths so I have a clean one for every day. 

After cleansing I go to:
This is my go to toner, it's amazing, it's so cheap and I'm really sorry it's a bitch to get hold of!
This sorts out any of my dry and flaking patches of skin, it will really help if you're prone to break outs, it's just an amazing exfolliator. 
However, I also use the Aveda Botanical Kinetics Exfolliant (it lives at my boyfriends place) and I LOVE it! Little bit more expensive than pixi glow at £17 for 150ml but much easier to get your hands on.
I have a tiny 50ml bottle that I got from the skincare starter set (worth a buy if you haven't used Aveda before) that seems to be lasting me ages. This is a toner I use on days when I'm taking a break from Pixi glow, or over Pixi glow. I can't really explain why I love it so much, but I really do. 
I love that it's a spray?! But honestly it's a great product that makes a difference. Lovely for dry skin. 
Hydraluron - £24.99
A hideous price but a great product, make sure you look out for when it's on offer at Boots. It's a serum you put on before moisturising and it absorbs instantly and absorbs your moisturiser. Works great with my dry skin, gives my skin a lovely plump appearance!
This is a new addition to my collection so I won't go into it too much. So far so good, feels lovely on the skin and really moisturising. I don't think you can go wrong with Origins when looking for a moisturiser.
I use it morning and night!

So that's it, my basic daily skincare routine! I think the most important part of skincare is that it is a routine, you need to stick to it. Even when you're tired or a make-up wipe is nearer! Do any of these ring a bell? Let me know what products you are using, I'd love to get some recommendations!




No comments:

Post a Comment